The Ten Commandments are fundamental in any Christian Belief. Although they were first brought to man over 6000 years ago, they’re still valid today. People feel that the were done away with when Christ was crucified and rose from the dead, but that is far from the truth. The Ten Commandments are just as valid today as they were when they were given to us.
These are the Ten Commandments in plain English as presented in Exodus 20:1-17:
- You shall have no other Gods before me.
- You shall not make for yourselves an idol.
- You shall not misuse the name of the LORD your God.
- Remember the Sabbath Day and keep it holy.
- Honour your father and mother.
- You shall not murder.
- You shall not commit adultery.
- You shall not steal.
- You shall not give false testimony.
- You shall not covet.
If you have been given any other version of the Ten Commandments, they are not in line with the original scriptures. Seek the truth on your own, do not be led by others that try to bring you false truths.